Thursday, July 24, 2008

Moving Violations

So finances are pretty damn tight right now. The lump of money I was expecting - to pay for my international move and tuition for my and Kidlet - was cut down to a mere 1/7...leaving me in a bit of a clinch.

Tonight is my birthday dinner with my friends. I've been rather stressed out about it as the group of friends is expanding in rather unexpected directions - more fringies than those heartfelt few...and I guess I got distracted while I was driving. Sitting and stressing about how everyone will get along and where people should be seated...

And so.... In my residential neighborhood I got pulled over.

And got a ticket. Failure to make a complete stop at the stop sign.

And now I have to pay the fine.

With the money that doesn't exist.

And it will cut in to my moving funds.

And it basically SUCKS.

Happy Birthday to me... Cue music.

No comments: