Sunday, August 10, 2008

Goodbye again

I went out late for a few hours... I usually head out on Saturday nights. Quite often the same group of friends gather to drink and laugh and be. Some of them were there tonight, and when I finally came home I felt like crying. I am really going to miss my friends. Drinking friends, shopping friends, substantial friends - all of them, I'm going to miss the lawn gnome that pops in every now and then, the Jamacian guy whose name I don't know but always wants to dance with me, the understated dude I just found out I was on a swim team with as a kid who sold me beer for my birthday trip to the races, the woman who has so many friends in common with me but who I don't really know yet I see her dancing up a storm every weekend, and the waitresses who are always so friendly - hell, I'll even miss the waiter who can never get your order right - or on time. These are the trivial people. There are so many more I will miss so much more. And I still feel like crying.

I know an adventure awaits me. I just wish I didn't have to wait for it any longer.

No comments: