Sunday, August 10, 2008

Yet another...

This was far from a surprise, but my sister and my nephew just left. They went back to their home, a multi-hour drive away. My nephew is about 7 1/2 months old and beautiful! He's walking around tables (holding on of course), teething, and babbling away in that endearing little bubbly baby way.

I probably won't see them for at least another year. I know that, I'm not sure they realize it may be that long before I get home. Probably longer. My concern is with getting my Kidlet back and forth to see her friends and family, that outweighs my occasional trip home. That's part of the reason last night was so hard - I don't know how long it will be before I'll see my friends again - and when I make it back I don't know if they'll still be here.

My sister finally lives in the same state as me after years and years cross country and abroad - and I'm leaving. And I was so excited she's (relatively) local - and that I'd get to be a semi-regular part of her life again.

And now, not only is that no longer true, but I'm going to miss out on seeing her firstborn walk and talk and learn how to eat and make messes and explore the world around us.

And that seriously bums me out.

No comments: